Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Compass!
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions for the 2018-2019 school year:
Compass Charter School hires committed individuals who are interested in working in a highly collaborative, creative, and rewarding community. As a new school, our staff members help us to develop the foundation for achieving our mission and vision and work with us to ensure that all of our students receive access to an excellent, inquiry-based elementary experience.
Why should I apply to Compass Charter School?
- Be part of a new school and help to build the school culture and curriculum.
- Be part of a collaborative environment with two teachers in each classroom.
- Loop with the same group of students for two consecutive years.
- Learn through ongoing professional development during our Summer Institute, quarterly planning days, professional literature book clubs, peer coaching, clinical supervision, and off-site professional development workshops.
- Have access to technology in every classroom, including laptop computers, document cameras, projectors, and digital cameras.
- Grade level teams have common prep times four days a week as well as an extended planning meeting one day a week.
- The Executive Leadership Team is supportive and collaborative.
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
What happens during the hiring process?
Once applications are submitted, they will be reviewed by the Executive Leadership Team. If a candidate meets our initial requirements, he/she will be contacted to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview we will ask questions such as:
- In your own words, how do you think your philosophy aligns with the mission of Compass Charter School?
- What is progressive education?
- What position are you interested in and what makes you qualified for this position?
- What strengths/unique skills do you think you can bring to the team?
- Why do you want to work at Compass Charter School?
Candidates who appear to be a match with the school’s mission and vision will be invited to demonstrate their teaching practice through a demo lesson and debrief session. When visiting the school, we will provide final round candidates with an overview of the school and a school tour.
How can I apply?
- Read through the job description for the position you are interested in.
- Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line of the email.
- Your cover letter should include a statement of your educational philosophy and also state why you are interested in becoming part of our founding team.
- Please feel free to direct questions to Brooke Peters, Co-Leader of Curriculum and Instruction, at email@example.com.
Compass will not discriminate against any student, employee, or other person on the basis of national origin, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or disability or any other ground that would be unlawful if done by any other public school.